Women of Compassion Awards Grants to Benefit OBHC Ministries
2020 has brought big changes. These last few weeks have been filled with uncertainty and people in need of hope. With all this happening around us, God remains unchanged and ever certain to help those in need. Women of Compassion started in 2014 to bring women from all backgrounds together for one act of compassion to benefit Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children (OBHC).
Women of Compassion grew to 211 members this year, giving a total of $211,000 in grants to benefit OBHC. It is amazing to see how the Lord continues to work during this time through this generous group of women.
It brings us joy to announce the winners of the 2020 Women of Compassion vote. The following ministries each received a $50,000 grant:
• Baptist Children’s Home, Oklahoma City will install five new A/C units, new flooring in eight of the transitional duplexes and three light poles to better light the campus.
• Hope Pregnancy Center will purchase an integrated digital phone system to connect all five centers and create an online marketing campaign.
• Baptist Children’s Home, Owasso will resurface 5,300-square-feet of playground with long lasting ground covering and provide a 20-foot by 10-foot fishing dock at the pond.
• A $50,000 grant will go to OBHC’s general operating budget to benefit all of OBHC.
• The remaining $11,000 will help Boys Ranch Town, Edmond replace counter tops in the Young Cottage kitchen and bathrooms with a more durable material.
Thank you to Women of Compassion who are a constant reminder to children and families that we serve a God who is certain, unchanged and loves them more than they know!
Mark your calendar and tell your friends about the 8th annual Cups of Kindness event scheduled for Saturday, April 10, 2021 at the Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa. If you have not yet committed to join the 2021 vote, this month is the perfect time to be ready. OBHC can set up a convenient monthly automatic bank withdrawal or credit card payments. Contact Shonda Flowers at (405) 550-5870 to help you get started or visit here for more information.