2020 Women of Compassion Grant Winners
2020 has brought big changes. These last few weeks have been filled with uncertainty and people in need of hope. With all this happening around us, God remains unchanged and ever certain to help those in need.
Women of Compassion started in 2014 to bring women from all backgrounds together for one act of compassion to benefit Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children (OBHC). Because of these efforts over the past six years, Women of Compassion has officially donated more than one million dollars to the ministry of OBHC! You have remained faithful throughout the years and we thank you.
This year, the Lord has rewarded your efforts, growing Women of Compassion to 211 members and giving a total of $211,000 in grants to benefit OBHC. It is amazing to be a part of this and see how the Lord continues to work during this time through this generous group of women. Through all the uncertainty, you too have remained steadfast.
It brings us joy to announce the winners of the 2020 Women of Compassion vote. The following ministries each received a $50,000 grant:
- Baptist Children’s Home, Oklahoma City will install five new A/C units, new flooring in eight of the transitional duplexes and three light poles to better light the campus.
- Hope Pregnancy Center will purchase an integrated digital phone system to connect all five centers and create an online marketing campaign.
- Baptist Children’s Home, Owasso will resurface 5,300-square-feet of playground with long lasting ground covering and provide a 20-foot by 10-foot fishing dock at the pond.
- A $50,000 grant will go to OBHC’s general operating budget to benefit all of OBHC.
- The remaining $11,000 will help Boys Ranch Town, Edmond replace counter tops in the Young Cottage kitchen and bathrooms with a more durable material.
Thank you for faithfully giving to Women of Compassion! Together, we can be a constant reminder to children and families that we serve a God who is certain, unchanged and loves them more than they know! Thank you for making the sacrifice to be a part of Women of Compassion and know it does not go unnoticed. May the Lord bless you for your faithfulness to the children and families who need your support now more than ever.