Services and Placement
Children’s Hope was developed to help single mothers, who may have limited or no support/resources, by providing an opportunity to develop a solid foundation for herself and her children. The goal is to help these families become productive and more self-sufficient by providing a safe, stable and nurturing place to live, while equipping, assisting and teaching important skills that support both the mother and the children. Areas include parenting skills, career development, spiritual development, church involvement, relational needs, money management and education.
Once approved, the single mother and her family will move into a multi-family style home. A family advisor is present to assist families where needed. While living on campus, mothers must be responsible for the care of her own children. Mothers prepare their own meals and work together with others to keep the environment clean and safe. Families may be eligible to move into a private, Transitional Living apartment after steps of improvement have been made. Every mother is expected to obtain employment within a career path or be committed to improving job skills through schooling. Everyone on campus will attend a local church and are encouraged to be involved in church, school-related activities and counseling.
Criteria for Services
Single mothers must be at least 18 years old and have custody of her child/children.
- Children must be at least six weeks old.
- Children must be able to attend a public school.
- Willing to share common living areas and positively interact with other families.
- Must commit to leave behind any bad habits such as smoking, drinking, drugs or other habits that hinder focus on improving parenting skills.
- Fully separated from entanglements of ex-husband/ boyfriend.
- Commitment to improving job skills through schooling or obtaining employment within a career path plan.
- Must attend church services and agree to become involved in counseling.
- Required to attend a weekly Life Skills class that includes topics such as parenting, financial planning, relational/emotional well-being and other assorted classes.
“This place has loved me and given me the tools I need to get back on my feet.”
Children's Hope Mother
Baptist Children's Home
16301 S. Western
OKC, OK 73170