2021 Grant Recipients
The 2021 annual Cups of Kindness event included gifts from 245 generous Women of Compassion.
We had a great day Saturday, April 10 for the Cups of Kindness Event in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We laughed and we cried at times with our wonderful musical guest, Melinda McGlasson, and speaker, Debbie Stuart.
The Lord has continued to bless abundantly, growing Women of Compassion to 245 members and giving a total of $245,000 in grants to benefit OBHC. Thank you for faithfully giving to Women of Compassion and supporting Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children. May the Lord bless you for your faithfulness to the children and families who need your support year after year.
It brings us joy to announce the winners of the 2021 Women of Compassion vote. The following ministries each received a $50,000 grant:
- All four residential campuses will install generators. BRT, Madill and Owasso will be equipped to back up freezers in their commissaries. The Oklahoma City Campus will be equipped to generate power in the gymnasium, which may be used for residential shelter in the event of a power outage.
- Hope Pregnancy Center will purchase basic operating supplies at all five centers and mobile unit for one year. Hope will install new signs at the Ardmore and North OKC centers along with a security system at three centers. The grant will also provide gas for the mobile unit.
- Baptist Children’s Home, Owasso will receive replacement windows for the Administration/Education and Family Enrichment Area and an updated gate system for an added layer of security. Remaining funds will go towards the renovation completion of Leake Cottage by building a privacy fence and garage doors. Funds will also allow repairs to sidewalks and driveways at three campus locations.
- A $50,000 grant will go to OBHC’s general operating budget to benefit all OBHC.
- The remaining $45,000 will help Baptist Homes for Girls, Madill with the purchase of a unit to heat and cool the gymnasium, greatly improving the learning environment for the girls on campus.