Connecting children in need of hope with churches and families who care.
Start a Foster Care Ministry in Your Church
In Mark 9:37, the Bible tells us, “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but the one who sent me.”
You can prayerfully consider starting a Foster Care Ministry in your church. The primary objective of this ministry is to reach out to foster and adoptive families in your church and community. Here are some ideas:
- Pray and study God’s Word as to how God would have you and your church involved in foster care ministry.
- Invite the OBHC foster care coordinator to speak at your church.
- Be steadfast in prayer for more than 11,000 children in Oklahoma foster care.
- Create a fund to assist families financially who are fostering.
- Open your church as a training facility for potential foster families.
- Provide special events for area foster families.
- Serve foster families in practical ways (cook a meal, write encouraging notes, clean their house, cut their lawn, provide a service for free – haircuts, music/art lessons).
- Start a babysitting list for foster parents at your church (respite care).
- Plan a special emphasis in your church for National Foster Care month in May.