Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children

 

1953 to 1962


Robert S. Kerr

Robert S. Kerr was a strong supporter of the Oklahoma Baptist Children’s Home for 20 years.


Boys Ranch Town

Boys Ranch Town was established in 1953 by a donation of 160 acres of land and a $500,000 trust fund by Mr. and Mrs. J. M. Johnson.


Charles and Ellen Boldin

Charles and Ellen Boldin impacted more than 900 young boys’ lives in their 26 years at Boys Ranch Town. The couple came to the ranch in 1956 and poured their lives into the program to see boys transformed from feeling worthless to becoming confident and capable.


Clifford and Maxine Plummer

Clifford and Maxine Plummer served at Boys Ranch Town for 26 years. Over the years, their duties ranged from houseparents to program director and hostess.


James V. Browning

James Browning touched the lives of more than 3,000 children in his 31-year administration.


The Department of Child Care

The Department of Child Care was established September 7, 1956 by a vote of the Board of Directors of the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma.


Jean Hack

The first social worker when the Department of Child Care was created was Jean Hack. She began her duties on September 1, 1956, as social work supervisor then quickly became director of the social services work.


Cottage Dedications

Rinard Cottage, 1956 - Oklahoma City
George Cottage, 1956 - Oklahoma City
Howard Cottage, 1962 - Boys Ranch Town



Go to top of page

Your gifts help provide hope to children and families.

DONATE NOW